Wednesday 26 December 2012

{Audiobook Review} Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen

Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen
Audiobook
Genre: YA Contemporary
Source: Bought
Buy: Amazon, Kindle, Book Depository

It’s been so long since Auden slept at night. Ever since her parents’ divorce—or since the fighting started. Now she has the chance to spend a carefree summer with her dad and his new family in the charming beach town where they live.

A job in a clothes boutique introduces Auden to the world of girls: their talk, their friendship, their crushes. She missed out on all that, too busy being the perfect daughter to her demanding mother. Then she meets Eli, an intriguing loner and a fellow insomniac who becomes her guide to the nocturnal world of the town. Together they embark on parallel quests: for Auden, to experience the carefree teenage life she’s been denied; for Eli, to come to terms with the guilt he feels for the death of a friend.

In her signature pitch-perfect style, Sarah Dessen explores the hearts of two lonely people learning to connect.
RATING: 4 out of 5 Stars

I came to know about this book through a recommendation from friends at We Fancy Book. Thank you so much for letting me know about this wonderful book! *hearts*

I definitely enjoyed Along for the Ride. This book is filled with relatable characters. Each and every one of them felt real. I love how Auden slowly warmed up to her father's new wife while staying with them over the summer. I definitely love how Eli made Auden go through lots of things to make up for her lost childhood. That's just so sweet! 

This is my first audiobook experience and I must say I like it! The narrator's voice is pretty engaging and kept me wanting to hear more. I'll recommend this audiobook/book to all who love a nicely done contemporary. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment